The event enables wine tourism experience providers to give short presentations and hold meetings with relevant and carefully screened, quality travel agents, with the dual objectives of selecting and appointing new agents, as well as catching up with existing partners and key industry contacts.
The agent screening process is designed to ensure that you will meet only reputable, quality agents at the workshop. The process is the most stringent in the industry and requires that agents demonstrate sound business activities.
As well as being an outstanding platform for finding and appointing new agents, the Wine Tourism Meet Up provides wine tourism professionals with unrivalled opportunities to network and catch up with high calibre international contacts.
Day 1 Saturday 29 March.
09.00 Conference Programme
17.30 Wines of Georgia Grand Tasting with Sarah Abbot, Master of Wine
Day 2 Sunday 30 March – Wine Tourism Meet Up
If you are a wine tourism experience provider specialised in wine and culinary tourism take part in the Wine Tourism Meetings day and deliver a 5 minute presentation on who you and what you do and network and hold meetings with tour operators and travel agents from around the world. #iwinetc #winetourism
Programme is as follows:
1. Presentation: Georgia as a Grape Escape Destination. Georgian National Tourism Administration
Time: 09.00 – 09.25
2. Speed Presentations on Georgia & Grape Escape Destinations from around the World
Representatives of wine tourism experience providers from both national and international companies and organisations attending the IWINETC will contact with tour operators and travel agents to tell their news in 5 minutes, as well as how they are catering with wine and culinary tourism.
Time: 09.30 – 10.45
09.30 – 09.35 The Definitive Directory of Wine & Culinary Tourism Providers – Speaker: Anthony Swift, Spain Wine Pleasures
09.35 – 09.40 GEORGIA Speaker: Nana Maraneli, Winery Khareba
09.40 – 09.45 GEORGIA Speaker: Ramaz Nikoladze, Vino Underground
09.45 – 09.50 GEORGIA Speaker: Elene Otarashvili, Château Mukhrani
09.50 – 09.55 GEORGIA Speaker: Maia Nodia, Twins Old Cellar
09.55 – 10.00 GEORGIA Speaker: Ekaterine Khmiadashvili, Kakhetian Traditional Winemaking
10.00 – 10..05 GEORGIA – Speaker: Alexander Mamulashvili, Tourist Agency “Visit Georgia”
10.05 – 10.10 GEORGIA – Speaker: Aleksandre Sulamanidze, ALLTOURS
10.10 – 10.15 GEORGIA – Speaker: Natia Khidasheli, Caucasus Journey-Traveler’s Club
10.15 – 10.20 GEORGIA – Speaker: Shorena Niniashvili, PROMETHEA Voyages
10.20 – 10.25 ARMENIA – Speaker: Nelli Malkhasyan, Princess Maneh Tours
10.25 – 10.30 SPAIN – Speaker: Fabio Abugna, WineTime Barcelona
10.30 – 10.35 GREECE – Speaker: Georgios Mastrakoulis, Vintage Routes Crete
10.35 – 10.40 MONTENEGRO – Speaker: Angelika Temper, 3e travel DMC
Please keep checking back for latest additions.
3. Networking and coffee time
Time: 10.50 – 11.30
4. Round Table: Wineries can hold Twitter wine tasting events. What can tour operators and other wine tourism experience providers do that may be similar?
Representatives of various companies in the wine tourism sector explain different ways of branding and marketing using online activities currently going on in the wine travel blogosphere. Participants will leave the session this session with a list of things that they can say, “I can do that.”
Time: 11,30 – 12,25h
Moderator: Terry Sulivan, Wine Trail Traveler
5. Conference Programme
Two talks to choose from: Wine tourism in Beaujolais, A potential to exploit or Republic of Moldova an emerging wine tourism destination
Time: 12.30 – 13.15
6. Networking time and lunch
Time: 13.15 – 15.00
15.00 – Conference Programme: Authentic Terroir
16.00 – Closing Plenary Session TBA
17.00 – Conference Ends
- Easily develop partnerships with quality tour operators and travel agents from all over the world
- Increase client numbers by gaining new contacts and new agent agreements
- Expand and diversify client reach
- Maintain existing contacts and promotional networks
- Promote your business to key players within the wine tourism industry
- Obtain market intelligence and information on latest developments
- Maximise time, effort and budget
Who will attend?
- International tour operators and travel agents wishing to meet with wine tourism providers
- Wine tourism professionals who attend to ensure that they keep up with their contacts and keep their organisation or company brand recognition strong within the industry
- Service providers who will be exhibiting and who have products and / or services related to wine tourism
How to Register?
To be eligible to participate in the Wine Tourism Meet Up you must first be registered as an exhibitor. Once you have registered as an exhibitor you should then complete a Wine Tourism Meet Up Presentation Form. Places are limited to just 10 and presentation slots will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Exhibitor information and registration here>> ONE TABLE AVAILABLE
Submit your Wine Tourism Meet Up presentation here>> PROGRAMME FULL
Deadline to receive completed proposal forms is 31 January 2014 or earlier if slots are filled.