The IWINETC – Facts & Figures
About the IWINETC Organized by Wine Pleasures, the IWINETC is the most important international wine tourism event of the year. The extensive 2 – day talk programme offers more than 30 cutting edge professional education opportunities to choose from. Speakers from around the world descend on Tbilisi to deliver the latest key issues and hot topics within the rapidly growing world wine and culinary tourism industry. The IWINETC is the only international event dedicated to the commercialization of wine tourism products thanks to a one day Wine Tourism Meet Up which enables agents to meet and network with wine tourism experience providers.
Who attends the IWINETC?
- Winery owners, representatives and winemakers
- Wine importers, distributors & the on and off trade
- International wine & tourism journalists, bloggers & photographers
- Wine & tourism consultants, educators, guides & experts
- Hotel & restaurant owners, representatives, chefs & sommeliers
- International tour operators & travel agents specialized in wine & culinary tourism
- In-coming DMC & travel agents from host and neighbouring countries
- Public officials representing Tourist Boards, wine routes & Chambers of Commerce
Where do they travel from? IWINETC, as the name implies, attracts people from around the world: USA 15% – Italy 14% – Spain 5% – Portugal 12% – UK 10% – Germany 9% and 35% from the following countries: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Hungary, India, Ireland, Latvia, Latonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Namibia, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, South Africa, Singapore, Switzerland, Sweden &Turkey.
How has IWINETC Grown Since 2009?
- 2009 Sitges, Spain – 98 participants from 15 countries
- 2010 Penedès, Spain – 112 participants from 14 countries
- 2011 Porto, Portugal – 178 participants from 23 countries
- 2012 Perugia, Italy – 265 participants from 25 countries
- 2013 Zagreb, Croatia – 153 participants from 17 countries
- 2014 Tbilisi, Georgia – 250 – 300 participants from 25 – 30 countries
What about 2014?
IWINETC 2014 will be held in Tbilisi, Georgia. Many discoveries have left historians in no doubt that Georgia is the birthplace of wine. Ancient wine vessels made of clay, bronze and silver; gold cups for drinking wine; wine barrels dated to the 2nd or even 3rd millennium BC; and vine seeds found in the ancient tombs of the Bronze age all leave a continuous story of the history of Georgian wine. A unique grape escape location indeed! This alone makes Tbilisi an interesting meeting point for wine and tourism professionals to come together to attend the best in wine tourism education, the best networking event for the profession and the best place to meet international tour operators and travel agents specialized in wine and culinary tourism. Discover more about Georgia here>>
Why support IWINETC?
The IWINETC attracts international tour operators interesting in buying from participating wine tourism destinations. It also attracts important wine and travel journalists, bloggers and photographers from around the world. This means that sponsors will create huge opportunities for branding and marketing which in turn will generate greater awareness and an increase in wine tourists to a specific country, region and place. Supporting IWINETC will be the most focused, cost-effective and relevant event for any wine tourism destination. Ultimately, IWINETC is about creating new branding and business opportunities and whilst much of this happens at the conference exhibition and workshop, networking during the conference talks, after-conference wine tastings and evening social programme, plays a major role in creating awareness and establishing long and lasting profitable contacts.
For sponsorship opportunities click here
For marketing opportunities click here