With a 11+ years experience in the wine tourism business, Chiara Tuppy has a hand in various sides of the wine tourism business. Chiara is a tourist planner for the Consorzio Turistico Gorizia e l’Isontino, technical director of Vinodila’ Wineways, owner of Avant Srl, and she has been a tourism contact for The Movimento Turismo de Vino for over a decade.
We had the opportunity to speak with Chiara about wine tourism in Italy and her upcoming presentation at the 2012 International Wine Tourism Conference. Below are her responses to our questions.
1. What is Movimento Turismo de Vino & what is it’s vision for wine tourism in Italy?
Movimento Turismo del Vino is a national association joined by about 800 wineries spread all around the country. Movimento Turismo del Vino Friuli Venezia Giulia has about 110 associated wineries. The aim of the association is to promote wine culture by visiting the wineries
2. What variety of services can tourists expect to find through Movimento Tourismo de Vino?
Movimento Turismo del Vino offers tourists a wide range of services: from wine and food tours and tastings, to cultural and sport tours in the best locations of our fantastic region.
3. You will be talking about wine tourism in Friuli Venezia Giulia at this years International Wine Conference, what can our audience expect to learn most about this region?
The audience will learn about our new project which consists in putting in place a proactive collaboration among different tourism players in Friuli Venezia Giulia: our association, the newborn wine routes (Strada del Vino e Sapori del Goriziano e Strada del Vino e Sapori Colli del Friuli) and Slowways (joined by the tourism consortia of central Friuli). Our aim is to create a network to provide tourists all the services they may need, from information to booking.
4. The association’s motto is “see what you’re drinking”, and has been adopted by the wineries of Friuli Venezia Giulia, what does this phrase mean?
Through our motto we would like to communicate the importance for tourists and wine lovers to meet wine producers and to experience in person their warm hospitality in order to best appreciate the wine they produce.
5. What are you most looking forward to at this years conference?
This conference will be an opportunity to talk to the audience about our new integrated project and to share best practices with other tourism players.
Join the International Wine Tourism Conference and network with Chiara and 200 – 300 more attendees. Chiara will be delivering a talk at the Wine Tourism Conference on January 31, 2012 at 15:30 titled: Wine Routes in Friuli Venezia Giulia
One response to “Discover Friuli Venezia Giulia with Movimento Turismo de Vino”