From March 15th to 17th, the International Wine Tourism Conference (IWINETC) brings together a unique blend of wine and tourism industry professionals,
Denis Ivošević of the Istria Travel Board kicks off the festivities with a look at wine tourism in the heart-shaped land of Croatian wine. The peninsula of Istria has been building it’s wine routes over the last 15 years. IWINETC invites you to learn from their trials and successes.
To wet your appetite below are a sampling of the top quality guest speakers who promise to make IWINETC 2013 a memorable experience.
- IWINETC welcomes two Balkan wine experts to the conference. Dusan Jelic will walk us through the progression of the wine industry of these countries to the future state that will drive wine tourism. Secondarily, Caroline Gilby, MW and Central and Eastern European wine expert will raise a glass and walk attendees through a grand tasting of notable Croatian autochthonous varieties.
- Guest speaker, professor, and Huffington Post wine columnist, Fabrizio Bucella will be discussing the unique link between architecture and wine.
- Giovanna Sacchi of Ca’ Foscari Venice University will unveil a new study on the wine tourist. In her talk, she’ll speak to key findings from online research which aims to uncover needs and demands of the wine tourist.
- A look at wine industry updates and wine tourism opportunities in India, Chile, Nova Scotia, Thailand, Baja, and Georgia. Including a tasting of Georgian wines!
- Lessons from the wine routes in the Friuli Venezia Giulia region taught by Chiara Tuppy of Movimento Turisimo in Italy
And, several more celebrated wine travelers, bloggers, and experts in their fields will speak to topics like creating a WOW factor, 50 Shades of Croatia, Training and Hiring the right staff, and understanding the wine tourist experience.
And don’t forget to arrive early and stay late to take full advantage of the wine tasting tours around wine, food, and culture of Croatia provided by Ban Tours.