IWINETC Networking events kicked off today with visit s to 5 producers with Cavas amongst the 50 Great Cavas competition 2016 namely Codorníu, Gramoma, LLopart, Vallformosa & Vilarnau. A minority resisted the Cava temptation and chose to do a Spa circuit in the Hotel Barcelona Golf Resort or got their swing and putting skills into shape at the Golf Clinic session.
The IWINETC Welcome Reception took place last night with a few words from Director General AGÈNCIA CATALANA DE TURISME, Sr. Xavier Espasa & Sr. Miquel Forns, Diputat de Turisme de la Diputació de Barcelona and this was followed by a Catalan feast of local dishes including:
- A varied selection of cured meats and cheeses from Catalunya
- The famous, simple but exquisite pan con tomate
- Xatonada de Sitges – a kind of fishy meaty salad with a romesco sauce
- A salad of broad beans, ham and mint
- Calcots de Vallls – those elongated onions dipped in romesco sauce
- The classic ¨Paella¨
- The Paella alternative Fideos arrossejats
- Meatballs made with meat and squid………and so many more – I expect we all found a favourite!
If you had any room you would have had one of the delicious deserts on offer such as
- The infamous Crema Catalana
- Music amb Moscatell – selection of nuts washed down with Moscatell
- Strawberries with a touch of Chardonnay
- Carquiñols – rock hard almond chunks which you should have dipped into a bit of Moscatell before eating.
All of which was savoured with one or two or all 3 of the great wines provided courtesy of Codorníu.
Here’s what you can look forward to tomorrow…
There is plenty to look forward to tomorrow, so get a good nights sleep and be ready for a busy day of talks that will give you and/or your business a competitive edge.
At 09.30 Welcome and Opening Announcements – a few words of welcome from the Directora General de Turisme de la GENERALITAT DE CATALUNYA, Sra. Marian Muro and Sr. Miquel Forns, Diputat de Turisme de la Diputació de Barcelona and this is immediately followed by the Opening plenary session Wine Country Catalonia with Director General AGÈNCIA CATALANA DE TURISME, Sr. Xavier Espasa and Sr Miquel Forns, Diputat de Turisme de la Diputació de Barcelona (Simultaneous Translation) Languages: Catalan & English
SEO Masterclass for the Wine Tourism Industry Part 1 SEO What’s that? (Simultaneous Translation) Judith ‘deCabbit’ Lewis Language: English
Key Factors of Wine Tourism In Catalonia (Simultaneous Translation) by home grown Damià Serrano, Barcelona University Language: English
A Sparkling Guide To Cava (Simultaneous Translation) Language: English
Exhibition Wine Tastings Language: Wine
Official IWINETC Grand Cava Tasting (Simultaneous Translation) Language: English
Networking – Gala Dinner at Freixenet Language: Cava
Have a great evening and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow!