March 15th to 16th, will see the International Wine Tourism Conference (IWINETC) bring together a unique blend of wine industry professionals from around the world.
Organized by Wine Pleasures, the IWINETC is an extensive 2 days dedicated to the commercialization of wine tourism.
The event is an interactive and dynamic program during which time is spent building new business relationships, learning from global experts, exploring an emerging Croatian wine industry, and of course, tasting wine!
Tour operators/agents and wine experience providers specialised in wine and culinary tourism have dedicated time to meet one-on-one at the Wine Tourism Workshop. Professional and enthusiast wine lovers can devour the knowledge of over 30 guest speakers. Wineries can showcase their latest release or special classic vintages. It’s all about growing the wine tourism industry!
Denis Ivošević of the Istria Travel Board kicks off the festivities with a look at wine tourism in the heart-shaped land of Croatian wine. The peninsula of Istria has been building it’s wine routes over the last 15 years. IWINETC invites you to learn from their trials and successes.
Below are a sampling of the top quality guest speakers who promise to make IWINETC 2013 a memorable experience.
- IWINETC welcomes two Balkan wine experts to the conference. Dusan Jelic will walk us through the progression of the wine industry of these countries to the future state that will drive wine tourism. Secondarily, Caroline Gilby, MW and Central and Eastern European wine expert will raise a glass and walk attendees through a grand tasting of notable Croatian autochthonous varieties.
- Guest speaker, professor, and Huffington Post wine columnist, Fabrizio Bucella will be discussing the unique link between architecture and wine.
- Giovanna Sacchi of Ca’ Foscari Venice University will unveil a new study on the wine tourist. In her talk, she’ll speak to key findings from online research which aims to uncover needs and demands of the wine tourist.
- A look at wine industry updates and wine tourism opportunities in India, Chile, Nova Scotia, Thailand, Baja, and Georgia. Including a tasting of Georgian wines.
- Lessons from the wine routes in the Friuli Venezia Giulia region taught by Chiara Tuppy of Wine and Food Routes in Friuli Venezia Giulia.”
And, several more celebrated wine travelers, bloggers, and experts in their fields will speak to topics like creating a WOW factor, 50 Shades of Croatia, Training and Hiring the right staff, and understanding the wine tourist experience.
For a full listing of events and speakers click here.
Don’t forget to arrive early and stay late to take full advantage of the tours around wine, food, and culture of Croatia provided by Zagreb based Ban Tours.