The IWINETC Conference Talk programme began shortly after the doors opened. Conference delegates flocked to the opening plenary session for the official welcomes and Robin Shaw’s food for thought plenary session Beyond the Cellar Door: Creating a Destination in your own right!
The Exhibition area was well visited and many wines from around Europe were available to taste.
The Official IWINETC Grand Wine Tasting: Wines of Etna expertly led by Valeria Carastro and Giampiero Nadali revealed through the tasting of 8 volcanic wines just how impressive Etna wines are.
New business connections were made throughout the day and the day ended with a tapas style dinner at the Tenuta del Gelso.
Here’s what conference delegates can look forward to tomorrow…
There is plenty to look forward to tomorrow, so be ready for a packed day of conference talks, tastings and networking events.
- Digital Integration in Wine Travel & Tourism: Strategies for Success with & Connecting your Tourism Brand to the Consumer key note speaker Judith ‘deCabbit’ Lewis and more lessons from down under with Robin Shaw.
- Over a varied buffet lunch we’ll be treated to wines of Greece
- Panel discussion What makes a Successful Winery visit
- Closing plenary session & official announcement of the IWINETC 2018 destination.
- Networking dinner at Benanti